International Language Centre Hong Kong
ILC was found in 2006, we are a Hong Kong-based professional language school, with our over 10 years teaching experience, we are offering full range of language learning programs for all people and all ages. We teach individuals, groups and companies, we teach different languages including Chinese, Mandarin, Cantonese, English, French, Korean, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, German and Arabic courses. In here, we are applying the most updated teaching methods and we are professionally offering private, group, corporate training. With more than 10 years experience and with our well trained and qualified language tutors and teachers' efforts, we became a very successful language school in Hong Kong.
Why You Should Learn a New Language
It is a very good idea to learn a new language regardless how old you are, what you do, where you live. There are many many good reasons why people should learn another language, for example learning Mandarin or Cantonese in Hong Kong other than their mother language. We summarized a few below.
- Good for your brain. Learning is process of thinking, remembering and practicing. Learning a new language will need you to use your brain everyday in a different aspect than your normal days, so it is proved to be helpful to prevent dementia (Studies have shown that certain types of dementia appear up to five years later for people who speak a second language compared with mono-linguists.)
- Good for communication skills. Communication is the key factor for successful life, learning a new language improve your communications skills, language tutors can help you to practice your presentation skills, group discussion skills, use informal and formal words in different circumstances.
- Good for your future career. According to a recent statistic, over 80% of company prefers to hire a candidate who is bilingual, learning a new language and speak it will make your future career much better and competitive. If you can speak the local language and another foreigner language like Spanish or Chinese, in most countries, you will have an advantage over your competitors.
- Good for your business. If you are trying to do business in China, learning Chinese(Mandarin or Cantonese) language seems is a must, since we all know that not many Chinese people can speak good English or any other languages, learning Chinese language becomes crucial when you do business with Chinese people, and China, for sure, is a huge market!
- Good for travelling. one of the good reasons for you to learn a foreign language is for travelling, since the world is connected nowadays. The online world has helped persons from opposite sides of the earth to connect very easily with each other, many people are learning English, and other people are learning Chinese. People love traveling now, European people like to travel to China and other Asian cities, Asian people are eager to go to Japan or Korea, learning their local languages will greatly help you to understand their cultures and make traveling more fun and enjoyable.
Interesting Articles about Learning a language:
- 5 Reasons Why You Are Never Too Old To Learn A Foreign Language
- 6 Reasons why do you need to learn Chinese Characters
- Why Is Learning Mandarin Tones So Important
- How important is it to learn Cantonese in Hong Kong?
- Which language should I learn in Hong Kong – Mandarin or Cantonese?
- Is it still worth to learn Cantonese language?