Thai Language Course Hong Kong
Thai Language Course Hong Kong
History of the Thai language
Thai is that the national language of Thailand, spoken by around eighty percent of the 60 million residents of the South-East Asian country . Linguists consider it an “uninflected, primarily monosyllabic, tonal language” within the “Tai-Kadai family.” The speech is believed to possess originated within the area which is now the border between Vietnam and China, a thought which provides clues to the origin of the Thai people, a neighborhood of continued scholarly debate. Linguistically, the language is said to languages spoken in eastern Burma (Myanmar), northern Vietnam, Yunnan, and Laos.
The written Thai Language was introduced by the third Sukhothai period king, Ramkhamhaeng, in 1283. This orthography has undergone little change since its introduction, so inscriptions from the Sukothai era are often read by modern Thai scholars. The writing was supported Pali, Sanskrit, and Indian concepts, and lots of Mon and Khmer words entered the language.
Reasons why you should learn Thai language
- ‘The Land of Smiles’. Did you know that Thai language is one of the easiest languages to learn? With a phonetic alphabet and differing greatly from most Western languages, Thai words do not change with different gender, number or tense. Therefore, the grammar is super simple!
- Back in the pre-pandemic days, I’m sure most people would love to enjoy a nice vacation in Thailand, unfortunately now, we will have to wait for a little while together until it’s safe to travel again! But what can you do while you’re waiting for things to get better or maybe even for that travel bubble, that’s been mentioned on the news? How about taking a Thai Language class with a native Thai language teacher! Have some fun, learn something new, and improve those cognitive skills!
- By learning Thai, you can also catch up on some pretty amazing Thai movies and series that have become widely recognized and very popular worldwide. Be able to order your favorite Thai dish at a local Thai restaurant or visit Kowloon City and have a chat with Khun Pà (Aunty) selling those delicious Thai desserts.
Course outline for Thai Language Course
Level A1: Total 30 hours.
In this stage, our Thai language tutor will teach you how to pronounce the Thai basic sounds, basic greetings, simple conversations, interesting Thai cultures and histories, student in this course will be learning key grammar, tenses, and vocabulary, and have full conversations in Thai. This is a foundation course fits students who have zero or very limited knowledge of Thai Language, this course contains full of information and a lot of fun.
Level A2: Total 30 hours.
This course is designed for students who have completed level A1 or who have already have some knowledge about Thai language and who are able to communicate in Thai language in a simple conversation. This course is specially designed for the Elementary level students who would like to increase the level of the Thai foundation from the knowledge they already have, and continue to improve their Thai language skills. Learn key grammar, tenses, and vocabulary, and have full conversations in Thai. More vocabularies will be taught in this level, this course is also designed for students who are planning to go to intermediate level of Thai language.
Level B1: Total 60 hours.
This is a pre-intermediate course, student who takes this course is expected to be able to speak Thai language in almost all situations in daily life, the main purpose of this course is build up vocabulary and more complex sentence structure for students, listening and speaking skills will be focused teaching in this course. It is designed for the pre-intermediate level students, this course will help you to speak Thai fluently and be able to read complex Thai sentences. You’ll learn how to express your ideas, feelings, and needs in Thai thoroughly, and have conversations with native Thai speakers deeply.
Level B2: Total 60 hours
This level is considered as a intermediate level. It consists of 60 hours. To get to this level, student must pass A1, A2 and B1 level, level assessment will be held before the class to ensure you get to this level. More formal vocabularies and complicated sentence structure will be taught in this level. This course is speciallly designed for the Intermediate level students; this course is perfect for the students who are moderately fluent in Thai but want to upgrade to a higher level. Learn more complex sentence structure and vocabulary. You’ll ensure that you are able to speak Thai accurately and fluently.
Level C1: Total 60 hours
This is considered an Advanced level of Thai, student who takes this level has no problem with the daily communication with the locals, maybe they have little mistakes when they speak, or they want to build up more vocabularies to talk more precisely and decently. This course is designed for the upper-intermediate level students of the Thai language, this course is ideal for the students who want their sentence structure and their reading skill to be flawless, and use it as a natural Thai language. Students will learn how to pronounce the vocabulary and communicate as native Thais do.
Level C2: Total 60 hours
This is the highest level for Thai language course. C2 is a native like Thai language course, this is designed for students who want to be perfect in listening, reading, writing and speaking, all aspects, after this level, student will be native in Thai language, this course is for the advanced level students of the Thai language, this course is ideal for the students who want their sentence structure and their reading skill to be flawless, and use it as a natural Thai language. Students will learn how to pronounce the vocabulary and communicate as native Thais do.
- Native Thai speakers
- Fluent in English
- 5 years teaching experience teaching Thai language
- Professional Thai tutors in Hong Kong
- Friendly, patient and helpful
- Degree or master degree holder