Most Popular Cantonese Courses
Cantonese Course in Hong Kong
Although Mandarin is the official language in China, Cantonese is the main language spoken in Hong Kong and Canton province, taking Cantonese course Hong Kong is a must and good for your career in HK, according to Wikipedia, there are over 59 million Cantonese speakers worldwide and among them, over 7 million people are in Hong Kong, therefore, learning Cantonese is very useful while you are living in Hong Kong, it will definitely make your life in Hong Kong easier. ILC offers the best Cantonese classes in Hong Kong, and we can help you to reach your goals.
People always say that learn Cantonese in Hong Kong is difficult, but probably they forgot the fun part. We have professional Cantonese tutors, they are local Hong Kong people with Master in Linguistics or related degree holders. They are fluent in English, patient and helpful, most importantly, they teach the language in an efficient and fun way!
There are 6 levels in our Cantonese Course - Beginner level 1 and 2, Intermediate Level 1 and 2, Advanced Level 1 and 2. For beginner level, each sub level has 30 hours, for Intermediate and Advanced level, each sub level has 60 hours.
Cantonese Course Hong Kong - The Course Syllabus
For Beginner Cantonese Course, we will teach basic Cantonese, including pronunciation and basic conversations, contents for Beginner Course:
- Cantonese Pronunciation
- Taking a taxi in Hong Kong
- How much is this
- Can you make it cheaper
- What will be the weather like tomorrow?
- Do you have a bigger one?
- Living in Hong Kong is very convenient
- I am sick
For Intermediate Cantonese Course, more complex Cantonese phrases, informal and formal Chinese words and grammar, contents for Intermediate course:
- Let's first know each other
- What is favorite Cantonese food?
- Do you like shopping in Hong Kong?
- I am sick...
- Getting married...
- Traditional Chinese wedding
- Watch a Chinese movie
- Travelling in Hong Kong
- Write an email
- My future is not a dream
- Chinese lifestyle
For Advanced Cantonese lesson in Hong Kong, more vocabularies, formal Chinese words, contents for Advanced course:
- It's a misunderstanding
- A football match
- Visit Chinese families
- Let's talk about Beijing dialect
- Fall in love at first sight
- TV advertisement
- Spring Festival
- Average salary in your country and in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong V.S Shanghai
- Economic crisis
Why Learn Cantonese in Hong Kong?
- Саntоnеsе іs оnе оf thе mоst wіdеlу sроkеn dіаlесts іn Сhіnа аnd іs аlmоst аs соmmоn аs Маndаrіn аmоng Сhіnеsе соmmunіtіеs оutsіdе оf Сhіnа аrоund thе wоrld.
- Саntоnеsе іs thе lаnguаgе оf Ноng Κоng аnd thе mоthеr-tоnguе оf busіnеss lеаdеrs аll оvеr Ѕоuth-Еаst Сhіnа аnd Ѕоuth-Еаst Аsіа. Аs Сhіnа’s fіrst mаrkеts ореn tо thе Wеst, thеsе аrе іmроrtаnt аrеаs fоr trаdе .
- Whіlе Сhіnеsе іs sроkеn bу fеw fоrеіgnеrs (nоn-Сhіnеsе) аs іt іs, thеrе аrе рrороrtіоnаllу еvеn lеss nоn-Сhіnеsе Саntоnеsе sреаkеrs thаn nоn-Сhіnеsе Маndаrіn sреаkеrs. Тhеrе іs grеаt nееd аnd mаrkеt fоr thіs lаnguаgе skіll.
- Тhе Сhіnеsе рорulаtіоn іs rаріdlу ехраndіng іts оnlіnе рrеsеnсе.
- Cantonese Course Hong Kong is easy! Yes! Since Саntоnеsе grаmmаr іs surрrіsіnglу sіmрlе іn mаnу rеsресts. Тhеrе іs nо nееd tо lеаrn соnјugаtіоns fоr vеrbs, аnd thеrе іs vіrtuаllу nо рrеfіхеs оr suffіхеs tо wоrrу аbоut lеаrnіng. Оn thе оthеr hаnd, thеrе аrе mаnу rооt wоrds whісh hеlр іn lеаrnіng nеw vосаbulаrу аs thеу аrе usеd аnd rеusеd іn соmbіnаtіоn wіth оthеr rооts.
Who should take the Cantonese Course Hong Kong?
- For people who wants to work in Hong Kong, please take Cantonese course
- For people who are interested in learning a different language
- For people living in Hong Kong surround by local Cantonese people who don't speak much English
- For people who are seeking to have more fun while learning
- For people whose kids are studying in Hong Kong with Cantonese language.
Things you need to pay attention when learning Cantonese language:
- Take Cantonese classes regularly twice a week, 2 hours each session
- Listen to what people say around you, in elevator, in the market or in your workplace
- Pay attention to the 6 or 9 tones of the Cantonese language, tone changes a bit, meaning changes completely!
- No need to speak in perfect grammar, but build up your vocabularies
- Don't be shy to make mistakes, we learn from mistakes!
- Be patient when you learn this language, it is not a easy language to learn but it is really fun!
- Try to learn Chinese Characters if possible, it is the hard at the beginning, but then you will find them very helpful